Monday 23 January 2012

You are invited!


February 14th is the day that libraries around the country will officially launch the National Year of Reading 2012 at a wide variety of events.

The City of Mandurah's National Year of Reading launch event will be held at the beautiful Mandurah Performing Arts Centre and YOU are invited!

Please join us for a continuous reading of

Norman Lindsay's The Magic Pudding
 

Tuesday 14th February 2012
from 11am - 5pm

at the
Mandurah Performing Arts Centre

Craft table, Face painting, Competitions.

Come along and join us for an hour or stay all day. Join in the reading or sit and listen while you enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.  Find out about National Year of Reading events to be held in Mandurah throughout the year.  This is a free event; no tickets required. Suitable for all ages.

By the way, in order to refresh my memory about the book (which I first read with my children on an epic road trip around Australia six years ago) I went to Mandurah Libraries homepage , followed the links through to Project Gutenberg, then downloaded a free copy of The Magic Pudding onto my iPad.  Now all I have to do is perfect my funny voices and I am ready to join in with the reading!

We'd love to see you at our National Year of Reading launch on the 14th.  Perhaps you will join in with the reading too.


No comments:

Post a Comment